Friday, February 1, 2013

So it's been awhile.  I haven't really had much time to write.  There are so many things I could be saying right now.  I just read my last post and want you all to know that all is well on that subject.  Now on to the reason for the post...

Many of you have been praying and supporting us through many challenges in our life.  The biggest for last school year and this one has been Ben and his struggles.  I'm so proud to say that all is going well with him this year.  He has been taking a medication and it has helped alot!  He is able to deal with daily life much better than last year.  We have started testing at school and hope to get him even more help if he needs it.  One of the other things that I believe has helped Ben this year other than meds is football.  This year he was able to play tackle football.  It gave him confidence that I know he lacked.  He had the best coaches you could ask for.  These men not only taught him the game, but how to be part of a team.  They gave him something to look forward to everyday.  They cheered him on and let him know that he was doing a good job.  He wasn't the best and he wasn't the worst.  He loved playing and looked forward to every game. 

Football has been good for me also.  For the first time in awhile I got to talk to other Moms.  If you don't know me, well, I am a bit shy.  I know, most of you are saying..yeah right, you shy...but I am.  I don't just walk up to someone and start talking.  I know that I sometimes come off as a snob, but I'm really not.  I just lack some self confidence when it comes to talking to other Moms at school.  I worry that I'm not good enough for them.  I worry about saying something that may offend them.  I worry that my hair is not right, or my clothes aren't good enough.  I worry that I'm overweight and they won't like me.  I worry that my kids are doing something that they will judge me for.  I know, I know, I worry to much.  I know that I am good enough.  I know that my boys are boys and they will make mistakes.  I know that clothes and hair don't make the person.  The thing is, I still have some of those insecurities that I had in high school. Talking to some of these football moms I found that we are all alot alike.  We all have our daily struggles.  We all have issues with our children.  We are not perfect.  I made some true friends through this.  I knew these ladies already but the friendship was build on the practice field.  I'm blessed to have them in my life and look forward to many more of our times together.  Thank you for all your support girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment