Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Heart Hurts.

So as some of you know I had a rough afternoon yesterday.  I say, I, because it effected me more than my son.  I got a call from my oldest sons classroom aid.  There were some boys that bullied Adam.  They got his lunch box away from him and kicked it around the lunch room.  He fell on the floor.  He is a bit dramamtic so we don't know if they hurt him and he fell or if he just fell because he's a bit of an actor.  Many other kids came to the rescue.  The boy who started it was sent home.  When Adam came home he was fine.  I asked him how his day went like I always do and he said it was good.  I then asked about what happend and he told me about it.  He wasn't bothered or upset at all.  He just acted like it was just a regular day. 


I, on the other hand, was hurt.  My heart ached for him.  I got off the phone and cryed my eyes out.  This is my child.  How could anyone want to hurt my child!  He is so loving and truely cares for others!  Why would these boys want to hurt Adam?


24 hours later this is what I think:  Kids who bully don't have good role models.  They are insecure.  They don't know how to react to people who are different than they are.  They may not have parents who spend quality time with them.  They are not taught right from wrong.  They are not held accountable for their actions by their parents.

Kids with a "history" of this kind of thing are a problem.  The boys who bullied Adam have a history of it.  How can a parent let their child have a "history" of bulling?!?!  This is what is so very wrong with our world!  Kids will always say things they shouldn't to each other.  They will always have disagreements with one another, but it's the "history" that is a problem.  I don't think bullying will ever stop.  It's like the fighting in the middle east, it started in the beginning of time and will forever be there until the end of time.  It is NOT okay to do but it's also never going to end.  We don't live in a perfect world so there will be hate no mater what.  It's what we do when we are the victim of hateful acts. 

Adam taught me a lesson.  Keep your head up and let things roll off you.  Don't let people bring you down.  Having friends that will stand up for you and help is a true gift!

I am so thankful that there were other kids who didn't just stand there.  They went and got help.  They are true hero's. 

When will bulling end?  I don't think it will until every parent out there is helpd accountable for their children.  How would you react if it was your child?  Would you be okay with your kid having a "history" of bullying?  What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment