Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tidbits while Scraping Paint.

I've been busy getting ready to paint our house.  I dont believe the house has been painted in about 25 years.  The paint isn't really that hard to scrape but it does take a long time because our house isn't small.  I worked on it all day without any help.  My mind is always going a mile a minute so here is some of the things I thought of today....


Sure wish I could wiggle my nose and the painting was finished.

I really need safety glasses for this job.

I wonder how many times this house has been painted in the last 150 years.

Holy cow those nails are square!

I really hope a bat is not hiding out somewhere.

I wonder how long it took to build this house. 

Did they have a "good ole house raising?"

Wonder how many kids the first family who lived here had.

Sure hope the sun stays behind that cloud a little longer this time.

This is a lot easier than all that wall paper Missy and I scraped.

I think I may be a little like my grandma.  She would be doing this if she could.  She would also unclog a drain if she needed to too! 

Sure wish I had more tomatoes to can. 

I need to find out how to can Jalapenos.  I have a lot.

I miss visiting my Grandma Sarie in between classes when I was in colloege.

I wish my arms were like my grandmas when she was young.  I guess thats what you get when you milk cows everyday since you were 6.

I wonder if there are anymore wasp nests aournd or did Matt get them all.

Sure wish he would let me paint the house yellow.  We already ordered white.

Can't wait to put siding on this house in another 5 years.

We really need to get new windows.

Holy cow they used a lot of calk on this house.

Hey I can see the top of the little house next door.

Hey the sun is going down and it's before 8:00.  I don't like that.

I wonder who else I could invite to the painting party without feeling like I'm asking for help.

Why don't I like to ask for help?  I like to help others...

I wonder how many more pets Josh could possibly want. 

Can't wait to knock down the shed.  I need to get my jugs out of it first.


Yup just a few of the things I was thinking of as I scraped away today.  There were a lot more, but these were the ones I could remember.  I've been working on it for two days.  I enjoy working on the house, but sometimes I think it's going to kill us.  The changes we've made are great but the really hard ones are still to be done.  Maybe before Matt retires the house will be finished. I guess I should never be bored huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment