Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh no....day 4.

So our fourth day was going to be traveling to Smoky Mountain National Park and enjoying some of the mountains before dinner that evening.

Instead, we had an appointment to get the camper fridge fixed.  We had to be out of our camp site by 11:00 a.m. Monday morning.  We left and went to Camping World in Bowling Green Kentucky.  We had a lot of time to kill so we took the kids to a Chuck E. Cheese.  It was in a mall so I left Matt and the boys to do some shopping.  Our appointment was at 1:00 so we then dropped it off and went to have lunch.  We went to a Denny's.  We have not be to a Denny's in years.  As a matter of fact I don't think my kids have ever been to one before.  So we ate and had a grand time.  Ummm, yeah, not really!  The kids were mad because they wanted McDonald.  Everyone was in a bad mood and no one enjoyed their meal.  Ok so maybe I did enjoy my burger and the fact that the kids were being kids.  The best part was the old lady who was dressed in her Sunday best, on a Monday...at Denny's.  She was so very prim and proper that I was feeling like I should be ashamed for wearing shorts to dinner.  She was a hoot to watch after awhile.  She kept looking at the kids like they had two heads.  Mind you they weren't really doing anything wrong, they just weren't happy.  So the lady made my dinner fun after a few minutes of watching her.  I finally figured hey what the heck it's DENNY'S! 

After our meal we went to check on the camper.  It was finished and we only had to fork out another $150 bucks!  BLAAHHH!  We go around to hook it up and the guy was waiting there.  He then tells us the good news!  Hey your roof is shot!!  So we kind of figured.  It was one of those things that you know but you never really say it out loud because than you have to do something about it.  Well that bathroom floor has been getting soft for a few years and this year we've noticed some water on the floor in the kitchen area.  Great Just what we need!  The guy says that the materal is around $500-$1000.  It will cost about $4000 for Camping World to do it.  Well buddy, we are on our way to Tennessee so we'll do it later.  ;) 

We finally get started out.  It's now 3:30.  This was the time we had planned to be there.  Well there is a time change from where we're at so really it's only 2:30.  With fingers crossed we head south! 




We make it to Nashville in about a hour.  So smooth sailing!  Yeah right!  There was a traffic jam.  I guess it wasn't that bad but it put us behind by about an hour.  After that we had a great time looking and taking in everything.  The kids were again playing their ds or watching movies.  There really is nothing like the electronic babysitter!  Matt and I had tons of time to catch up on things.  I must say I never get tired of being with my husband!  We even passed a power plant on a river and talked about how great it would be to live on the river and him just drive the boat to work everyday!!  It was a great drive!

Soon I started to realize that we were still a few hours from the campground and they could be closing the office.  I couldn't find the number so I had to call my SIL and get it.  Matt started to say how we needed a smart phone for such things.  "I mean we could have used it to find Camping World too."  So now I call and there is no answer.  I leave a message and hope they call back.  Now Matt isn't so chipper anymore.  We needed to stop and eat!  So he pulls into a Taco Bell and as soon as he does I say I don't think we can get out of here.  Well he pulled right in and I mean ALL the way in!  Yep...no way out!  The gas station and the taco bell parking lots had a spot were the connected.  It was only a small little opening but if we could back into it we would be able to get out.  So we did it!!!  WOO HOO! 

 We ate quickly and then started out again hoping to get there before it gets to dark.  Yeah we didn't. We make it to Maryville at about 8:15.  Now the last time my husband was here it was 1999.  He doesn't remember what it looks like or some of the land marks of the area. We go by the airport and I ask if he remembers it...no.  Ok.  We go by the hospital were I was born again I ask...no.  We go though town and out another road.  We keep going.  I know we are going the right way but the gps dies and then I start to wonder.  The directions from google are not always great and sometimes I don't see a sign but I know I've been watching.  My mind keeps racing but I say nothing because if I do he'll freak out.  "Oh hey we turn left here."  Shoo  that was close!  We turn and within a few miles it's dark.  Now it's a little after 9:00.  We keep going and Matts cheerful mood from that afternoon went to "I can't beleave that you forgot the number to the campground." or one of my favorites "Could you have gotten us any farther away from civilization?"  or "Are we even anywhere close to the mountain?"  The road keeps going farther into darkness,though twists and turns , ups and downs and finally... I see the road and a sign for the campround!  WOOHOO!!!  I'm so releaved but I don't let on that I was worried at all.  We get there and Matt is griping about what do we do now...they're closed.  I guess my husband has never really read the signs that most campground offices have that say if you arrive late you can just check in in the morning.  So we find a site and get set up somewhat.  It's now after 10:00 and this has been a VERY long day.

Oh hey want to see what he woke up to in the morning???






"WOW this is amazing"  That's what he said on Tuesday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment