Friday, June 3, 2011

Blessings.

I want to know how a single mother does it!  I think they have the hardset job ever.  I really don't know how I would ever manage to raise my three boys without my husband.  That being said, this week I feel like a single mother. 

I've been married for almost 14 years.  My husband is my very best friend in the world.   Matt is not only a great husband, but is an amazing Dad.  My mom once asked him if he could "babysit" the boys so I do something with her.  He said that a parent doesn't babysit their own children.  He is a very patient person and is a way better parent than I am.

Matt has been working like CRAZY the last two months.  He has worked just about every one of his days off.  We are trying very hard to save money to go on a big camping trip.  He took off Memorial day weekend so we could go camping.  It was great!!  However this week has been one thing after another and I feel like I have ran a marathon.  I knew that being a stay at home mom again was going to be busy but I really forgot how busy this really is.  I used to think that it would get easier as the boys got older.  HA...HA...HA...jokes on me!  I don't have time to do anything other than what the boys need and I really don't think I would want it any other way.  I do feel like a single parent these days but I know that it's going to be worth it when we go on our vacation next month.  I'm really looking forward to spending time with my husband before he starts working like crazy again.  God has given me so many blessings in my life and I think that my husband is the biggest blessing He gave me.  Without Matt I wouldn't have my boys, and they are the second biggest.  They used to ask me who I loved the most.  I would tell them that I loved them all the same, but I loved Daddy differant than them.  They would ask why and I told them that they can grow up and get married and leave me but their Dad can't!  He's stuck with me forever, and I'm so glad that I got stuck with him.

When we first got married my mom used to say that God sent Matt staight from heaven to me.  I think she was right.

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes, Con. Matt is a wonderful man and he's been an amazing hubby and Dad. I wish that there were more men in the world like him! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete